Wilson Botanical Garden Photo Contest
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Calling all photographers! Do you have an eye for beauty? Would you like to share your work with other people who would appreciate it? If so, the Wilson Botanical Garden Photo Contest is for you. Adults and youth can submit original photographic prints made from images taken at Wilson Botanical Gardens from May 2015 through July 25, 2015. Distinguished judges will determine the winning images and cash awards will be presented. The winning prints along with the judges’ favorites will be permanently displayed at the WilsonAgricultural Center for the public to see. Don’t delay! Start capturing your favorite images at Wilson Botanical Gardens today. Maybe yours will become “Best in Show.”
This competition is open to all levels of photography experience and to photographic prints only. There will be Best in Show Overall will win $150. 1st place will win $100, 2nd place will win $75, and 3rd place will win $50 for both adults and youth entries.
• Images must have been taken at the Wilson Botanical Gardens during the months of May, June and up to July 25, 2015.
• Competition open to photography prints only and open to all levels of amateur photographers*.
• Entry cannot have been published prior to contest.
• Two categories: Adult and Youth (age 16 and under).
• Entrants must have captured and created the image. If youth, no assistance from an adult.
• Entrant’s name shall not appear anywhere on the face of the image entry.
• Each entrant is limited to submitting a total of only one photograph.
• All work must be an 11″ × 14″ print and do not need to be matted or framed. Image size may not exceed 11″ × 14″.
• Winners will need to submit digital images (USB stick required) to the Wilson Agricultural Center and will be used by the Wilson Botanical Gardens for future promotional purposes. No frames or canvas wraps will be accepted.
• Images to be hand delivered to the Wilson Agricultural Center.
• Decisions of judges are final.
• Post processing and image manipulation accepted; however, image must be visibly distinguishable (close-up and macro photography is allowed) that it was taken at Wilson Botanical Gardens.
• People may be included in the image; however, they may not be the main subject.
• Mailed submissions accepted any time up July 24, 2015. Entries will also be accepted at the Wilson Agricultural Center on Saturday, July 25 from 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Reception to announce winners July 27th 6:00 p.m., you do not need to be present to win.
• All work submitted becomes the property of Wilson Botanical Gardens.
*Definition of an amateur photographer is one that does not receive more than 50% of their income from photography
Best in Show Overall – $150
1st Place – $100
2nd Place – $75
3rd Place – $50
1st Place – $100